Gluten rice ball with grated coconut. Cooked risotto rice, stuffed with mushrooms, beef and cheese, dredged in gluten free flour, egg and coated in bread crumbs, then fried gently to perfection. Brown arborio rice just isn't starchy enough. I tried these first with brown arborio (fail), then with white arborio.
Glutinous rice (Oryza sativa var. glutinosa; also called sticky rice, sweet rice or waxy rice) is a type of rice grown mainly in Southeast and East Asia. Natural coconut oil and crunchy peanut for filling; condensed coconut milk and gluten-free rice flour for dough; desiccated coconut for coating; this yummy little white rice balls bring you Roll the rice ball with desiccated coconut put it in a cupcake cup. Repeat to finish all the dough. You can have Gluten rice ball with grated coconut using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Gluten rice ball with grated coconut
- Prepare 1 cup of gluten rice flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of tapioca flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of plain flour.
- You need 1/2 of salt.
- It’s 1 bar of palm sugar.
- Prepare 2 cup of grated coconut.
- It’s of Pandan essence or you can substitute with any essence you like.
Vitumbuas are are a type of rice, cardamom and coconut treat found on the East coast of Africa. They are spongy, aromatic and delicious! Nasi Lemak Lover: Ondeh-Ondeh (glutinous rice ball with palm sugar). Ondeh-ondeh are Malaysian sticky rice balls filled with melted dark-brown sugar and rolled in flaky coconut. steamed red and white tapioca cake coated in grated coconut on white plate with accompanying chinese tea.
Gluten rice ball with grated coconut instructions
- Mix gluten rice flour, tapioca flour, plain flour and salt. Mix pandan essence with 1 1/2 cup of water. Mix all together until become a dough.
- Steam the grated coconut with pinch of salt and mean while you can slice the palm sugar like in the picture..
- Make a small ball and make an hole like in the picture to place the palm sugar in it and cover and make it round like a ball again.
- Add pandan essence in the water and let it boil and only put the ball inside and cook for 15 min until the ball float.
- Place the ball in the grated coconut and serve.
The balls are made from glutinous rice flour. I added some rice flour also so that they don't get so chewy. The balls are then filled with gula melaka and then boiled. Finding freshly grated coconut in my home country is as easy as going to the nearest convenience store or market and buy some. Sticky rice balls are easy to make and delicious.