Diced Turkey with Chorizo and Chickpeas.
You can cook Diced Turkey with Chorizo and Chickpeas using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Diced Turkey with Chorizo and Chickpeas
- It’s 400 g of diced turkey.
- It’s 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of onion, sliced.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, sliced.
- It’s 1 of Bell pepper, sliced.
- It’s 2 of carrots peeled and diced.
- You need 1 of celery stalk, sliced.
- It’s 1-3 of dried chili, depending on chilli preferences.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika (smoked preferred).
- It’s Splash of red wine.
- It’s 1 can of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 250 ml of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 can of chickpeas, drained.
- It’s 200 g of chorizo, sliced.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 bunch of fresh parsley, chopped.
Diced Turkey with Chorizo and Chickpeas instructions
- In a saucepan, heat the oil over a medium to high heat then add the onions, Bell peppers, garlic, carrots, celery and chilli. Cook for around 5 minutes then add the diced turkey thigh and sear for another few minutes..
- Add the paprika, red wine and the chopped tomatoes..
- Next add the stock and bring to the boil..
- In a different pan, fry the chorizo for about 2-3 minutes then drain the oil and add to the turkey and vegetables..
- Reduce the heat and cook for approximately 2 hours to 2 and a half hours. Season to taste..
- Add the chickpeas 5 minutes before the end of cooking and heat through..
- To serve, sprinkle with chopped parsley..