Morrocan style chicken Tajine SO GOOD!.
You can cook Morrocan style chicken Tajine SO GOOD! using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Morrocan style chicken Tajine SO GOOD!
- You need 1 kg of chicken thighs.
- You need of Marinade.
- Prepare Half of cup of mixed olive oil and vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 cup of mixed chopped parsley and coriander.
- You need 1 of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of curry powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of turmeric.
- Prepare Pinch of each:.
- You need of Paprika, cumin, ras el hanout (optional), white pepper, black pepper, salt.
- Prepare 3 of crushed garlic cloves or finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of small piece of crushed or finely chopped ginger.
- It’s 3 of saffron pieces.
- It’s of Veggies of your choice, I used.
- Prepare 1 of chopped onion.
- It’s Half of chopped leek.
- Prepare Half of sliced pepper (1/4 of each green and red).
- Prepare 1 of carrot, diced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil to fry the veggies.
- You need of Topping.
- You need 1 cup of green olives.
Morrocan style chicken Tajine SO GOOD! step by step
- Mix the marinade ingredients. Add the chicken and put in the fridge for 1 or 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- In a pot, add the veggies with a pinch of salt and cook until soft.
- Add the marinated chicken to the veggies. Cook for 10 minutes. Then add a glass of water. Cover with the lid and let simmer for for 5minutes on high heat.
- Move the chicken mixture to a baking tray and bake it in the oven for 20 minutes first, then add the green olives and cook again for ~30 minutes + grill the top for 5 minutes.
- You might need to add a bit of water half way through cooking if needed. The sauce shouldn’t be too watery..
- Serve in a dish and enjoy with flat bread.