Sri Lankan Coconut Prawn Curry. This Sri Lankan curry has similar spices to Indian curries, but the creaminess of a Thai curry – the best of both worlds! This rich, fragrant curry sauce is great with prawns, but you could easily use chicken instead. It's worth hunting out tamarind puree for this Sri Lankan curry.
Sri Lankan prawn curry is an authentic and delicious main dish. Sri Lankan prawn curry is just one of hundreds of delicious choices in Sri Lankan cuisine. Be sure to serve it alongside rice and Sri Lankan pol sambol a coconut curry that is the perfect accompaniment. You can have Sri Lankan Coconut Prawn Curry using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sri Lankan Coconut Prawn Curry
- You need 1 of large onion.
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic.
- You need 5 cm of ginger.
- You need 5 cm of galangal.
- It’s 1 of lemongrass.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of hot madras curry powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of crushed chillies.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of tamarind paste.
- Prepare 150 g of raw king prawns.
- You need 1 tablespoon of coriander.
- You need 1 of large pepper.
Spicy prawn curry in Sri Lankan style is one of the delicious dishes in Sri Lanka. Bring to just below the boil. The trick to making perfect Sri Lankan prawn curry (or any other shrimp curry) is to add the prawns/shrimp in at the very last minute, and give them just long enough to cook perfectly. This way they'll be tender and juicy, and perfectly flavorful while being coated with that luscious thick.
Sri Lankan Coconut Prawn Curry step by step
- Make a paste with the garlic, ginger, lemongrass, tamarind paste, curry powder, crushed chillies, onion and galangal. Chuck it all in a blender and blitz it until you have a smooth paste..
- Add a tablespoon of vegetable oil to a large pan, and fry the spice paste..
- After cooking the spices for a couple of minutes, add the prawns and cook until pink..
- Add coconut milk to the spice paste, bring to the boil, add lime leaves and green peppers, then let simmer for 10 minutes..
- Remove lime leaves, garnish with coriander and serve with rice..
Season with sugar and salt to taste. Authentic Sri Lankan Prawn Curry (Shrimp curry) – Learn all the tips and secrets into making the best spicy and creamy prawn or shrimp curry in your life! Goan Prawn curry made with roasted spices, fresh coconut and coconut milk is easy to make. This Prawn curry with Coconut is spicy,tangy with. Recipe for traditional Sri Lankan chicken curry.